“When you don't know that you don't know,
it's a lot different than when you do know that you don't know.
He knows now that he doesn't know.
Last year, he didn't know that.”
-- Bill Parcels, New England Patriots head coach, on 2nd year quarter-back Drew Bledsoe
Mr. Pico published the first books in the U.S. Library of Congress delineating Buying and Selling Automobile Dealerships and Dealers’ Rights. [Library of Congress #:89-082568; ISBN #:0-936830-59; ISBN #:0-936380-04.] That effort represented the culmination of 15-years of research and two years of writing and it was those books that set the framework for the modern new car dealership buy-sells.
We have five decades of experience working with car dealerships, including the sales and purchases of 9 franchises for two of the four stars pictured on to the left, and completed over 1,000 transactions with a better than 90% success ratio. [See Past Dealership Transactions for someone you know.]
We bring to the table experience and knowledge based upon the completion of over one thousand new car dealership transactions ranging from dealership sales and purchases, employee theft, out of trust situations, estate valuations, partnership disputes and preparing loan requests, to being the consultant to receivers and debtors in state insolvencies and federal bankruptcies.
How we do it.
- We walk our clients through the entire process of buying and selling dealerships, out of trust situations, workouts, and valuations.
- We provide litigation support and consulting with respect to most dealership issues including fraud and embezzlement.
- We provide market studies with respect to opening new dealerships and relocating existing dealerships.
- We provide consulting services to receivers and courts.
- We completed wind-downs of dealerships and have staffed stores with interim management.
- We have faced issues of double-flooring and more complicated fraud cases both on the part of the dealers and their employees.
- We are not interested in collecting the most listings.
- We do not publish ads in newspapers or participate in multiple listings.
- We concentrate on a limited number of clients at a time and help them obtain specific objective.
- We bring a “team” approach to the table and do not care who gets credit. We just want our client to achieve success.
Regardless of our licenses, we practice as a non-brokerage, non-law firm that enjoys helping clients in the automotive industry analyze problems and business decisions related to car dealerships.
Over the course of four decades, we have been students of the industry and involved in the practical application of our skills. In addition to our studies and hands-on experience, we have written
books and articles, given
speeches and seminars and have invested thousands of hours in studying the industry both in the classroom and in the field.
Advising Automobile Dealers LLC
We Could Make the Difference
© 2009 Advising Automobile Dealers LLC
Follow us on Facebook